[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: what does a meteorite look like?

In a message dated 2/10/01 9:57:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
epmajden@home.com writes:

>>I think Robert has the right solution, show a photo and keep
quiet about the location<<

Or....you found it in your back yard. After reading about what happened to
the miners who found the Old Woman Meteorite in the Old Woman Mountains in S.
Calif....the "Scientists" deserve not being told the truth. I'm relatively
confident that the miners would have let the scientists "study" what there
could be studied before it would have been exhibited in some fashion. By the
way, on my recent canoe trip after last Christmas, we drove not too far away
from the Old Woman Mountains. I recall looking at my map to get a good
location of which mountains became the namesake of the Old Woman Meteorite.
GeoZay