[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Dark Adaption

Something came up in another egroup that might be of use to particularly
telescopic meteor observers.  The dark adaptation of your eyes are
independent of each other.  That means that if you put a dark patch over
your observing eye for twenty or thirty minutes or more before your
observing session that eye will be fully adapted to the dark.  I learned
that from my old radiologist years ago.  He was always wearing this
black patch over his right eye so he could observe the in the dark
better.  Also one other member of the group from Brazil said that truck
drivers during the approach to a tunnel close one eye so that they can
see better in the tunnel.