[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) New & Improved Pages on the 'meteorobs' Web site!

Gee Malcolm, I didn't mean to put you to all that trouble.  Now you are shaming me
into fixing up my telescope for meteor observing.  I was hoping maybe to try
photography instead.
    I presume that it is not critical to have a polar drive on the telescope for
meteor observing.  In the past when I was using the telescope for general
observing, I always swung the polar axis vertical to use it as an az-el.  That
avoids gimbals lock since I couldn't look straight up.