[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Telescopic observations and delta-Leonids

This evening I'll be scanning some more charts for the upcoming
dark-moon period, and passing them on to Lew.  I'll make pdfs for
sets A, B, and D as before.

Karl asked:

http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/telescopic.html#who

> - which charts (of the B set) must be used for telescopic observations
> of the delta-Leonids ?

A good arc would be #147 (pi Leonis), #103 (epilson-kappa Leonis), #82
(161d, +33d), and #106 in Coma (184d, +36d).  If you can only observe a
pair do #147 and #82 *or* #103 and #106.  They give better
triangulation.  Other, fields, more distant from the radiant are
possible, since this ecliptic shower has slow-moving meteors.

Malcolm