[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) RE: Meteors vs. meteorites

Robert Matson <ROBERT.D.MATSON@saic.com>
>To be honest, my original interest in joining this list was
>in the hopes of exchanging timely information about bright
>fireballs with the hope of triangulating observations and
>possibly locating new falls...

Rob, you should absolutely feel free to "lurk" on 'meteorobs'
for this purpose: we often do receive (unsolicited) fireball
reports before other fora see them. And representatives of a
number of other fireball and meteorite research organizations
also subscribe to this list for the same purpose. Not to men-
tion, fireballs in general are a favorite topic on the list. :)

It's only the discussion of meteorite collection, laws et al,
which were marginally if at all related to meteor observing,
that I hoped to discourage with my message.

Clear skies, everyone!
Lew Gramer