[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) NH Fireball this morning

In a message dated 2/21/01 7:13:23 AM Eastern Standard Time, AMSTONY@aol.com
writes:

<< Anyone report or see a magnitude -4 or brighter this morning.  Fireball
 appeared over the NH?MA line, near Nashua NH  at 0551am, EST, Feb 21, 2001.
 Traveling SE to NE, appearing to parallel,NH route 130.  It  was moving
 slowly, leaving a bright train.  The meteor stayed in sight until I lost it
 behind the trees.  I also heard a "boom"as it went behind the trees over the
 horizon.  This was not a satellite or aircraft. >>

Hi Tony,

No yours is the first but if it did leave a sonic boom I hope there is
others. I'll be adding your report to the database this afternoon and I'll
keep you updated on further reports.
Thanks,

Kevin