[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Some American Meteor Society news notes

A couple of American Meteor Society new items:

(1)  We are sad to announce the resignation of James Bedient as our AMS
Webmaster:  it was his hard work over the period of a few years which built
us up from a couple of scant pages to the very fine site that we have
today.  We thank you for all of your years of service, Jim, and wish you
the very best of luck in the future!

For the foreseeable future, I will be acting as the new AMS Webmaster,
attempting to carry on Jim B's good work, and Bob Lunsford will be taking
back the duty of the AMS Journal Editor --> and yes, we do intend to
produce a spring issue of Meteor Trails, following a missed winter issue.

(2) We are looking for an individual experienced in meteor astronomy to act
as a Fireball Program coordinator for the society:  receiving various
eyewitness accounts of bright meteor events from the general public,
preparing these reports for distribution to interested scientific
organizations, and creating an Internet accessible database which the
public can use to search for prior fireball events.  If you are interested
in such an endeavor please contact me:  James Richardson, the AMS
Operations Manager. My email address is below:

James Richardson:  jrich@lpl.arizonadot edu

Best regards,

      Jim

James Richardson                         (graduate student)
Department of Planetary Sciences
Lunar and Planetary Laboratory
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ  85721