[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observation Feb 22/23 (evening&morning)

Hi!

	The weather had been fairly stable during the last week and I was
often quite frustrated not being able to go out and observe. Finally, I
had some time on Thursday and decided to use it. The sky was again crisp
clear (out in the dark locations most probably better than LM 7.0). Of
course it was also very cold, sub zero.
	The evening period was quite a suprise, I really didn't expect
that kind of activity. 12 sporadics in a single hour was really exciting!
There were four (4) in less than two minutes centered at 21:48 local. The
morning period had average activity with an overdose of faint meteors.
With one hour till dawn I decided to pack and leave in spite of good
numbers. Oh, by the way, it was really cold. The highlight and the only
really good meteor was a slow 0m yellowgreen sporadic that traveled
50 degrees in 4 seconds.

The summary:
Period		F	teff	LM	VIR	DLE	Spor
19:36-20:57UT	1.10	1.00	6.19	0	0	12
02:15-03:17UT	1.10	1.03	6.37	0	0	11

Magnitude distribution:
Spor: 0(1) +1(2) +2(2.5) +3(3.5) +4(4.5) +5(7) +6(1.5)

Clear skies!

Jure A.