[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteors vs. meteorites on 'meteorobs'

Hi, Tom, and all participants on the meteorite threads. Thank you all for your
interest and participation. You are all welcome members of our community! But
please... remember that we are NOT a mailing list about meteorites.

Our focus here is on *meteors* - the streaks in the sky which occur in regular
annual showers and infrequent "storms", and which usually do NOT produce any
sort of meteorite (object impacting Earth).

We have many folks from the meteoritical community on our list, of course, as
they all share our list's interest in bright "fireball" meteors! However, if
you wish to discuss any topic specifically to do with meteorITEs, please try
out the following email mailing lists and Web sites instead:

  http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/links.html#meteorites

Thanks, and clear skies!
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@jovian.com>