[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) memorable meteors

> I've noticed that the mail has been kind of slow the last few days so I
> thought it might  interesting to ask my fellow meteor observers what their
> most memorable (or unmemorable) meteor watching experiance was.

My most memorable events: 1998 Leonids (fireball night) observed
from Mongolia at -30 degrees Celsius (fireballs every few
minutes illuminating a chilly snowy landscape!).  1999 Leonid storm
observed at Tenerife on a lava field. Imagine a meteor storm over
a lunar landscape. The 1999 and 1998 events were of very different
nature, and I am undecided which one was better. Rank 3
will be 1993 Perseid maximum, also observed from Tenerife.

Hartwig

H. Luethen
h.luthen@botanik.uni-hamburgdot de
priv: Behnstr. 13, D-22767 Hamburg
lab: Institut fuer Allgemeine Botanik, Ohnhorststr. 18
     D-22609 Hamburg, Germany
Tel: 0049 (0)40-3800551 priv
     0049 (0)40-428-16-346

Follow-Ups: References: