[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) cold metal

OK, this has nothing to do with meteors, and everything to do with cold
metal.  When I was a kid sledding in Alaska I had an especially exciting
run, and I said "Yeah!!!", sticking out my tongue as I did so.  You
guessed it--stuck to the sled!  I had to carry the sled inside the house
and run warm water on my tongue.

Note that at this point I was experienced enough to carry the sled in.  I
had lost tastebuds in the past from too much curiosity in cold weather!

JanFries
Carnation, Wa