[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) memorable meteors

A question for Jure:

What was the exact date of the 16 second grazer you saw in August of last
year, and where were you located?  I saw my first fireball on August 3/4
in the deep woods of Idaho while floating in a friend's swimming pool in
almost total darkness.  There was one porch light visible, and no other
light source for MILES around.  It also had sparks and was VERY bright.
I didn't know how to judge the brightness.  Unfortunately,  I was really
inexperienced and may or may not have reported it correctly.  I wondered
if yours and mine might be the same one.

Jan Fries
Carnation, Wa