[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: memorable meteors

Well, I'd have to list the '98 Leonid fireball night as #1, a -15 grazer
streaked from horizon to horizon before I managed to get settled. I thought,
"this is going to be great!!!!"  I was not disappointed. Also a great experience
as I had taken my son out of school for a few days for an "educational
vacation". #2, was before I started recording info, one of my first tries going
out specifically to watch a shower. I think it was the 95 or 96 Perseids. As I
reached the crest of the mountain (still walking) a bright meteor -2 I'll guess
streaked from directly in front of me about 5 degrees East of the zenith.
Shortly (< 1 second) another -1 streaked almost parallel about  5 degrees West
of the Zenith, immediately followed a -5 fireball right down the center of the
two previous paths. I almost fell over backwards as I craned my neck to try and
follow its flight.

John N