[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) most memorable meteor

Hi!
Alexandru, 17 yo, from Romania here. Most memorable meteor? It's not one unusual in brightness, speed, shape, colour or anything else. It's the first meteor I've ever seen. I was around 5 years of age and one night when I was looking at the sky I saw it! WOW! I said. A star has fallen! Let's run in the garden and pick it! I went there and, of course, I found nothing. But this meteor made me to start studying the sky. Then the greatest meteor was a -8 fireball during the last year Perseids, that exploded into 4 or 5 smaller fragments that burned our quickly. Worst meteor observing campaigns: Leonids and Geminids 2000. I saw only one Leonid.

All the best and Clear skies!

ALEXANDRU CONU
Alexandria, ROMANIA
e-mail: ndru@starnets.ro