[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re-post of old messages???????

Apologies to all subscribers: It does appear that some long held-back
"snowdam" of old email messages suddenly let loose over the weekend.
I am still trying to determine exactly what happened.

The flood of old posts still does not appear to have relented. (Please
note also that in one particular case, a problem  with an individual's
*own Service Provider* caused him to receive one week or more worth of
RECENT posts that had been failing to get through to him. This did not
affect any other subscribers, so far as I can tell...)

I am taking the extreme step of clearing the outgoing "mail queue" at
our generous Service Provider, 'jovian.com', and will also restart the
mail machine which services MajorDomo at Jovian. NOTE: This may result
in one or two current posts to the list being lost! If you have sent a
post to 'meteorobs' and it does not appear on the list in the next few
hours, please simply resend your message. Sorry for the inconvenience!

In addition, none of these old messages were reentered into our archive.
(My old post from 26 January, "Advice for meteor observers at altitude",
for example, only appears once in our index - and in its proper position.
Interestingly though, this and a few of the other "out of date" retrans-
missions actually garnered interesting responses this weekend! :>)

So anyone who was forced to unsubscribe, or who has been gamely hitting
their "Delete" key all weekend, can now catch up all the ACTUAL recent
posts to the list, by just browsing one of our Web archives today. You
should also feel free to resubscribe if you have left us this weekend.

My apologies for any hassles this problem may have caused our readers.

Clear skies,
--
Lew Gramer
owner-meteorobs@jovian.com