[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Many radio meteors - anyone else hearing them?

My radio data ( TV carrier at 62.192 MHZ from a distance of about 1100km in
SWW) in Feb 12 shows somewhat elevated rates. The increased rates start very
gradually around 07 - 09 UT. There is an increase of around 20 to 30 %  for
some hours. The last hour with clearly higher rates than normal  was
(beginning at) 15 UT. The next hour is about normal.
Some level daily changes are typical, possibly because of changes in the
D-layer.
This change is near the high end of such changes (in my experience). So I
can not tell, if this is the result of increased meteor activity or not.

Best wishes

Esko Lyytinen