[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Possible meteor shower discovery!

Dear Robert,

Thanks for your comments.  The link to my website is working perfectly.
Here it is again: http://gdrayer.tripod.com/WM1/WM1sim.htm.  Please check
the simulations.

I know that the orbit path for the meteroids will be different from the dust
particle source's orbit path.  Also, the ascending node of the comet occurs
inside Earth's orbit.  I agree on the fact that for the meteor shower to be
produced, it is required an outburst from comet C/2000 WM1 (LINEAR).  But we
should remember an extreme possibility, which is the comet's nucleus
disintegration.  Last summer (around August 2000) we had the opportunity to
see how a long period comet such as C/1999 S4 (LINEAR) disintegrated after
its perihelium.  This could also happen to C/2000 WM1 (LINEAR), and in this
case we should hope that only small meteoroids intersect the Earth's Orbit.
If the comet disintegrates, its nucleus component's orbit path will also
change.  Based in this extreme possibility and in the possibilities in
between, I find possible to see some meteors (or even fireballs) in the sky
on May 2002.  Please check the simulations and look at the geometry of the
orbits.

Your comments are always welcome.

Thanks,
Gregorio Drayer