[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Observing Sites on the Web

JnutzMa asked:
>I'm new to this list. Could someone email me the link to the website?

Oops, I apologize, JM! That was my oversight. Below is the "standard list"
of URLs that we recommend for 'meteorobs' readers... Please note the site
which I just updated yesterday is the very FIRST one listed below.

Clear skies and happy browsing!
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@jovian.com>

 We have alternate (less complete but more searchable) archives at:
 and:
    http://www.astroarchive.com

Other sites which are either affiliated with 'meteorobs', or which we
strongly recommend to surfers interested in meteors, include:

 North American Meteor Network
 The NAMN site is the BEST starting point on the Web for folks just getting
 interested in meteor watching OR meteor observing and recording... See
 especially the "NAMN Observing Guide", and the monthly "NAMN Notes".
    http://web.infoavedot net/~meteorobs

 American Meteor Society
 AMS is the "grande dame" of Meteor Organizations - founded in 1911, at the
 same AAS meeting where the AAVSO (American Association of Variable Star
 Observers) was founded! Check out their whole site, but in particular Bob
 Lunsford's Weekly "Meteor Outlook", and Gary Kronk's authoritative
 "Meteor Shower Calendar":
    http://www.amsmeteors.org

 International Meteor Organization
 The IMO is *the* umbrella organization for all amateur meteor observers
 (and many amateur-professional research collaborations) world-wide. If
 you are confused by meteor information you find on *any other source*
 (INCLUDING the big astronomy magazines!), refer to the IMO site for a
 definitive answer to your meteor question:
    http://www.imodot net