[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: Mir Chasers Head to South Pacific

Hi:

I am one of the Mir chaser. We ran too far ahead. Only folks from one
of the two aircraft managed to see something. Nothing however was seen
from the larger craft where I was in.
The best place to watch was at the hotel we were staying - Sheraton
Fiji Resort ( but we were 650 km south of Tongo waiting for Mir passage
at that time). The earlier than expected break-up even was attribute to
the longer 3rd burn than originally planned.

p/s enjoyed some star watching under dark Fijian sky. Some meteors were
seen.

rgds
ykchia
Now I am in Wellington, NZ.