[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Another bright SoCal meteor?

In a message dated 3/27/01 2:41:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ROBERT.D.MATSON@saic.com writes:

I heard a lot of buzz on late night television news stations,
and again this morning on what was probably a very bright
meteor off the southern California coast last night.  Many
people called in to police and radio stations reporting a
downed aircraft in the vicinity of Long Beach Harbor, but
no wreckage was found nor were any aircraft reporting
missing.  They concluded that it had to have been a meteor.
It was observed from as far north as San Luis Obispo.  Did
anyone else see it (I did not)?

I am waiting for two reports from people I spoke with (via email). Both
seems to be reporting the same fireball, one from Corona and the other from
Huntington Beach, Ca. Will advise when I get their report.

Kevin K