[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Excerpts from "CCNet 55/2001 - 10 April 2001"

> [...]
>
> (4) THOMAS GOLD REVIVES OLD DEBATE ABOUT MOON TO EXPLAIN DUST IN EROS
>     CRATERS
>     Ron Baalke <baalke@jpl.nasadot gov>
> [...]

> (4) THOMAS GOLD REVIVES OLD DEBATE ABOUT MOON TO EXPLAIN DUST IN EROS
>     CRATERS

> The filling in of craters from dust levitation on Eros appears to Gold
> be similar in nature -- and to be taking place at about the same rate --
> the erosion present on the hidden side of the moon, which does not
> receive
> as intense an electron bombardment from the solar wind as does the side
> facing Earth.

What???  Can any of you on the list explain why the far side of the moon
would recieve less radiation?

I know this is off-topic (the question, not the original post) so if no one
answers in a couple of days I'll write the author and ask him to explain it
to me.

Hold together,
--Terry