[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Lyrid fireball?

Hi Ed,

The Lyrids in general can produce nice meteors on occasion, during the maximum
of 1995 we had two -5 fireballs in one night (one of which we filmed with our
image intensified video-camera, the first night we had that camera running!).

Given the lack of further trajectory details, the fireball you mention perhaps
could also be a member of the wide Virginid complex, however.

- Marco Langbroek