[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) 2001 Lyrids

I got a much prettier night than expected, with a pleasant view of the
Lyrids.  The best of the night was a -2 Lyrid followed only a moment later
by a -2 sporadic.  I was observing from New Iberia, LA, from 0800 - 1000 UT.
Limiting magnitude was about 5.46 for the night.  Sigh -- there are more and
more lights going in around me, and last week construction started across
the street from my house on a bank, so I suspect this was my last time
observing a shower from a convenient location.  On the plus side, I'm on a
new committee in the larger, nearby city of Lafayette (where I run the
planetarium) making recommendations about a lighting ordinance.  If we can
get that done, maybe some of the surrounding communities will take note.

# TIME (UT) SHOWER MAG SPEED (1- 5) COLOR TRAIN (SEC)
1 08:07 SPO 1 5 yellow 1.5
2 08:17 SPO 2 3 - -
3 08:25 LYR 2 3 - 0.5
4 08:43 LYR 2 3 - -