[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Obs 25/26 April 2001

Meteor Observing Report - 25/26 April 2001

A surprise clear sky, last night, after a cloudy day and evening gave me the opportunity to get out for a nights observing, and start my Eta Aquarids Campaign for 2001.  The sky cleared at my home observing site at Cranbourne, Melbourne (145.25 Long -36.95 Lat) at around 21.45 hours and enabled me to make a start on a nights observing run, to end with some Eta Aquarid observing in the early hours of the morning.

The observing session began at 21.50 hours on the 25th and went through to 05.15 the morning of the 26th for a total of 7 hours of visual observing (Teff 6.76 hrs), three hours of which were spent on the Eta Aquarids.

A total of 66 meteors were seen for the session, only (4) of those were Eta's.  Also watched the Alpha Scorpids, Tau Sagittarids, Virginids and the Apex radiants.  The Eta's seen are listed below.

2  w  --
3  w  --
3  w  T 2 sec
2  w  T 3 sec

In all a great nights observing, and weather permitting, I hope to get out again tonight for another big observing session.

Adam Marsh (MARAD)

  armarsh@jeack.com.au

  Director  - ASV Meteor Section (ASVMS).

  Coordinator - Eastern Australian Meteor Network (EAMN).

  Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

  ASV Meteor Section - Homepage

  http://www.geocities.com/vodickar/ASVMSHomepage.htm

  EAMN Mail List - Moderator: Richard Pollard

  http://www.egroups.com/group/EAMN