Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:36:26 +1000
From: Col Lynam <lynam@quakes.uqdot edu.au>
To: meteorobs@jovian.com
Subject: Bolide offshore Sunshine Coast Australia (19/04/01 1530 UTC)

 Can anyone asssist an non astronomy type?

I am the seismograph observor at University of Queensland Brisbane
Australia and I am researching an "event" that occurred over here on
19/04/01 at 1530 utc. it was intially interpreted as an earthquake
(unusual) , with a felt area footprint of some 350km long and baout 50
km wide (very peculiar).

Most questionaire respondents reported roof and window rattling., LOUD
blast, long period of (body) vibration or low grumble sound. An Air
pressure wave is mentioned by a number of people with infected ears.

1 report of TV reception disturbance. 1 report of "tsunami" effect
(Height 1 foot) at approx 3/4 hour after blast

Other evidence: No seismograph stations "triggered" on this event.
F111 jets were in the region prior to the event but RAAF have publically
reported it was not them.

Can you suggest if there are WWW sites that could confirm for me a
coincidental bolide or meteor entry?

Cheers,
Col Lynam
Senior Observor