[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Eta Aquarids on FM so far

Hello all
I've now started my Eta Aquarids campaign for 2001. I have been listening
between 1800 - 2100 UTC & have noticed the increasing activity. On both the
27 & 28 April I have only heard 2 small trains of about 15 seconds each -
both around 19:45 UTC. The pings are quite strong however, suggesting rather
bright/large meteors.
I have disctinctly noticed the meteors occuring in "clusters" - ie a period
of 10 mins of activity folowed by 15 - 20 mins of virtually no activity.
Lets hope the peak produces heaps of trains like last year.
-Cheers Geoff <Cooma NSW Australia>