[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Lyrids & Eta Aquarids on my radio so far

Hello:

 Today I picked up these meteors and some nice strong tonal
pings about 1 sec.

Observer: Michael Boschat
Location: Halifax, Canada (63 36'W, 44 39'N, 58 meters above sea level)
Listening Frequency: 83.24 MHz
Receiver: Icom R-10
Antenna : resonant dipole
Antenna Direction: Horizontally polarized with lobes in E-W plane, elev 0 deg
Filter  : high-Q (Q at least 300) bandpass filter between antenna & receiver.
Listening Mode: CW
Recording method: listening by ear

                              APRIL 2001

           Number of meteors heard in one hour interval

    |          UT
Apr |10  11  12  13  14  15  16
22  |17  14  24  33  34  34  21  ---- Lyrids

27  |38  28  34  35  32  41  20 ---- Eta Aquarids (?)