[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Weekly IRC Meteor Chat on Monday!

    As usual, there will be an Internet Relay Chat (IRC) session
    about meteor observing on Monday evening, starting at 8pm EDT,
    (which is 00:00 UT on Tuesday morning). Anyone with an interest
    in meteors, around the world, is welcome to attend this session
    (or our chat on Saturdays, 11am EDT, 15:00 UT).

    To attend, download a copy of one of the many IRC "client
    programs" (a good one for Windows is called "mIRC", and one for
    the Mac is "IRCle": both are available as try-to-buy shareware
    on the Internet). Once you have an IRC client on your computer,
    connect to the server on "DALnet" known as: irc.daldot net

    After connecting to irc.daldot net, you'll need to enter the
    IRC command for joining a chat session: /join #meteorobs
    "#meteorobs" is the name of our meteor chat session. Good luck,
    and we look forward to "seeing" you on the "#meteorobs channel"!

    Lew Gramer
    owner-meteorobs@jovian.com
    Co-Channel Operator of #meteorobs
    Internet Coordinator, N.A.M.N.