[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Increased activity?

I subscribed to meteorobs about two months ago after seeing a fiery object
dart what seemed like only hundreds of feet over my head while driving
through downtown San Francisco, around 8:45 PM PST, with a long, fiery,
greenish tail.  It was visible for an incredible three or four seconds,
enough time to turn to a friend and say, "look at that!"  Definitely not a
"shooting star."  At that time I refrained from posting here in deference to
your TOS rules.  The thing is, last night around 9PM PST I saw another fiery
object rocketing out of the sky, also in urban San Francisco, also with a
fiery undulating tail and white-greenish color, also remaining illuminated
until what seemed like a hundred feet above the ground.  I thought sure these
events would be headlines the next mornings, but haven't heard anything about
them.  Are meteors becoming more common?  Or am I just losing my mind, like
my friends say I am?  Thanks for indulging an amateur.  Rick Bacigalupi