[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Casual fireball sightings (was Re: Increased activity?)

Rich, you're not losing your mind. But you are a very fortunate sky watcher!
For it sounds as though you've managed to catch two evening fireballs in just
two months watching for them. That is good luck indeed!

In fact, some folks being fortunate enough to catch two such casual events in
a short time, might even be inspired to take up meteor watching as a regular
pastime! Not that I'm trying to give any hints or anything... :)

As for your impression that the fireballs ended just over your head somewhere,
don't be alarmed: this is actually an extremely common reaction to fireballs.
(In fact, it is almost ubiquitous.) To read more about this, and about fire-
balls in general, I highly recommend you check out these pages on the Web:

    http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/faq.html#fireballs
    http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/fireballs.html
    http://www.amsmeteors.org/fireball/faqf.html

Clear skies!