[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Increased activity?

Hi Rich and members,

     I had considered asking if people had noticed nebulous meteors the
weekend of the last maximum but decided not to. I had thought I had seen
three very dim nebulous meteors one night but they all were off one
direction or another from where I was looking. For the newbies, a nebulous
meteor is wide and often much dimer than normal meteors. The odd
situation in Jordan where a hundred people saw something (what the heck
was that about?), and reports off LA and now Rick in San Francisco, I'm
not so sure it's business as usual. These don't sound like normal meteors or
normal activity where fireballs are either striking the ground or nearly
so, as witness accounts relate and members here (like KevT) are all to
quick to dismiss. I've said before that nebulous meteors are different and
more attention should be paid to them.

                                                      Dave English
                                                      Oceanside, California

Follow-Ups: References: