[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observation April 29/30 from Slovenia

Hi All!

This was my first observing session since the last year's Leonids
so I felt great to be under the dark skies again.
As soon as I and Jure Z arrived to the observing place I realised it
was gonna be a great night. It was warm and the skies were really
clear and dark. Limiting magnitude was almost constant at +6.9
during the fisrt two hours, then worsened a bit in the last which
lasted well into the astronomical twilight. Meteor activity was
surprisingly high as I bagged 16 meteors during the first hour and
11 more in the second. The last hour was quiet with just 9 meteors
recorded. Most of the meteors were sporadics but also seen were
two Sagittarids and a single Eta Aquarid. Best meteor of the night
was certainly my fist fireball this year - a slow sporadic that started
as a +2 meteor in Cepheus, then brightened as it traveled almost
perpendicularly for about 30 degrees just to explode as a -6 fireball
to the west of Cassiopeia. A few sparks then made another degree
or so before they dissapeared.
More details in the summary bellow.

Clear skies!
Javor