[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) A meteor near M45

Hi all !

A friend of mine (Philippe Schwemling <schwemli@lpnp86.in2p3.fr) send a few
days ago a very interesting image (I think so) to the french webcam mailing
list "Astrocam". He was trying some video captures of the well known Messier
45 object - the Pleiades - with a little webcam on a 50 mm lens. As he was
busy with the laptop, he saw a bright flash for a fraction of seconde on the
screen ... When looking at the file, he had the good chance to see a meteor,
probably unvisible with the naked eyes, but well visible on a single image.
He don't have any personnal webpage so I put it (with authorization) on a
special temporary webpage on my personnal website.
Comments are welcome !

The direct link to this amazing B&W image is :
http://www.astrosurf.com/carnets-astronome/temp/meteor.htm

You can also access to my home page :
http://www.astrosurf.com/carnets-astronome

This in almost in french, but you can see a A2 LINEAR photo taken with a
80/400 very little refractor ...
A little bit off topics  ...

Cheers,
Christophe