[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Radio Eta Aquarids - Australia

Hello

Well here are my radio observations of the last 5 days. There seems
to have been a nice peak at around 18 - 19 hrs UTC on the 5th
(locally around 4 am on the 6th). The table below is formatted in UTC
but I've thrown in the corresponding Local Time to help you orient
the info with your local situation.

I'm not sure why I always get a small peak around 10 pm local time. I
only receive from a single station so I would expect that there will
be radiant position effects, with respect to the direction of the
transmitter I'm tuned into, buried in the data.

thanks
Bruce

     |    |   May 2001
  LT | UT |   1   2   3   4   5
----+----+----------------------
  10h|  0h|  41  45  28  41  33
  11 |  1 |  29  36  29  37  43
  12 |  2 |  22  31  37  32  29
  13 |  3 |  34  21  30  16  17
  14 |  4 |  18  20  19  17  13
  15 |  5 |  15   8  13  10  12
  16 |  6 |  14   9  11  12  10
  17 |  7 |  14  14  15  10  14
  18 |  8 |   8  10  10  12  14
  19 |  9 |  12  15  19  16  18
  20 | 10 |  23  22  24  15  23
  21 | 11 |  32  26  41  36  42
  22 | 12 |  44  39  30  41  45
  23 | 13 |  40  34  35  30  29
   0 | 14 |  28  23  40  29  32
   1 | 15 |  23  30  33  24  39
   2 | 16 |  41  40  45  49  37
   3 | 17 |  36  50  46  59  63
   4 | 18 |  38  55  54  65  88
   5 | 19 |  50  53  53  37  65
   6 | 20 |  60  55  52  51  65
   7 | 21 |  47  50  50  48  52
   8 | 22 |  42  37  53  43  60
   9 | 23 |  34  35  45  41  37
----+----+----------------------
  UT | UT |   1   2   3   4   5
     |    |   May 2001

.  local time = UT + 10 hours

Observer:     Bruce Young
Location:     Deception Bay, Queensland, Australia  (27 30' S, 153 10' E)
Frequencies:  88.3 MHz
Transmitter:  88.3 MHz ABC Classic FM, 80 kW transmitter
Location      Cootamundra, New South Wales (960 km)
Antenna:      3-element Yagi FM, horizontally polarised,
               azimuth 215 degrees (SW), elevation 0 deg.
Amplifier:    TV masthead amplifier 15 dB gain VHF
Receiver:     Samsung domestic type FM radio, digital tuning
Observing:    Electronic interface on LINE output audio signal is fed in
method        COM1: of PC IBM 486 25 MHz.
               METEOR v 4.0 version processes the signal and records on
               floppy disk the time of the events.
               METEOR parameters: THRESHOLD = 8

Follow-Ups: References: