[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Radio Eta Aquarids update - Australia

Hello

I've updated my results to include today. The peak at around 18 - 19
hrs UTC is still evident, however to add to Geoff's comment about
increased activity later, there was another peak around 20 - 21 hrs
UTC. The table below is formatted in UTC but I've thrown in my
corresponding Local Time to help you orient the info with your local
situation.

Just for the record, Geoff Wolfe is coincidentally at the other end
of my "radio" line of sight... that is, we are covering the same
ground (sky?) but from different ends. While my gear is now computer
based, I do often listen to it via headphones and can confirm that
there were some very long signals received this morning but
unfortunately I don't keep records in that manner, though I hope to
soon.

thanks
Bruce

     |    |   May 2001
  LT | UT |   1   2   3   4   5   6
----+----+--------------------------
  10h|  0h|  41  45  28  41  33  29
  11 |  1 |  29  36  29  37  43  41
  12 |  2 |  22  31  37  32  29  35
  13 |  3 |  34  21  30  16  17  17
  14 |  4 |  18  20  19  17  13  27
  15 |  5 |  15   8  13  10  12   9
  16 |  6 |  14   9  11  12  10  10
  17 |  7 |  14  14  15  10  14  12
  18 |  8 |   8  10  10  12  14  20
  19 |  9 |  12  15  19  16  18  15
  20 | 10 |  23  22  24  15  23  26
  21 | 11 |  32  26  41  36  42  38
  22 | 12 |  44  39  30  41  45  46
  23 | 13 |  40  34  35  30  29  39
   0 | 14 |  28  23  40  29  32  29
   1 | 15 |  23  30  33  24  39  26
   2 | 16 |  41  40  45  49  37  40
   3 | 17 |  36  50  46  59  63  56
   4 | 18 |  38  55  54  65  88  71
   5 | 19 |  50  53  53  37  65  55
   6 | 20 |  60  55  52  51  65  77
   7 | 21 |  47  50  50  48  52  62
   8 | 22 |  42  37  53  43  60  47
   9 | 23 |  34  35  45  41  37  45
----+----+--------------------------
  UT | UT |   1   2   3   4   5   6
     |    |   May 2001

.  local time = UT + 10 hours

Observer:     Bruce Young
Location:     Deception Bay, Queensland, Australia  (27 30' S, 153 10' E)
Frequencies:  88.3 MHz
Transmitter:  88.3 MHz ABC Classic FM, 80 kW transmitter
Location      Cootamundra, New South Wales (960 km)
Antenna:      3-element Yagi FM, horizontally polarised,
               azimuth 215 degrees (SW), elevation 0 deg.
Amplifier:    TV masthead amplifier 15 dB gain VHF
Receiver:     Samsung domestic type FM radio, digital tuning
Observing:    Electronic interface on LINE output audio signal is fed in
method        COM1: of PC IBM 486 25 MHz.
               METEOR v 4.0 version processes the signal and records on
               floppy disk the time of the events.
               METEOR parameters: THRESHOLD = 8