[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Eta aquarids from Adelaide

G'Day All

My Eta Aquarid campaign got off to a bad start with solid cloud preventing
observations of the 3rd and 4th. I slept through my alarm on the 5th, but
woke in time to start observing at 4.20 am local time (18:50 hrs UT). The
radiant was 17 degress above the horizon, limiting magnitude roughly 5.0.
Disapointingly, in over one hours observing time I aw only 3 etas, although
one was a beautiful -2 fireball with a persistant train, there were 3
sporadics.

The 6th was clouded out as well.

Cheers! Ian