[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Excerpts from "CCNet 68/2001 - 18 May 2001"

Hi all !

Just a little bit puzzled after having read this article... Can someone answer
my questions? Some ideas of the text seems to me to be quite strange...

> (10) PYRAMID TO PARADISE: WERE THESE ENIGMATIC MONUMENTS
>      AIR-RAID SHELTERS AGAINST COSMIC MISSILES?
>
> The time at which the pyramids were built, from around 2800BC, may offer the
> greatest clue to their celestial importance. It was an era when our planet
> was under regular attack from the skies in the form of cosmic missiles,
> meteorites and pieces of comets that crashed through the skies.

Why was it under more important cosmic bombardment? Accretion was finished for a
while, and I don't think the number of meteor decreased greatly in 4800 years.
Can someone help me on that point?

> They landed on earth causing many different forms of devastation and were an
> Egyptian obsession. Their impact was comparable to an event that took place
> in 1908, when an object of about 100 metres entered the atmosphere over
> Siberia.

Are there any evidence of such landings? I never heard of them...

> But the texts backed up Bauval's findings. Over and over, they stressed the
> belief: 'O king, you are this Great Star, Companion of Orion..dot behold,
> Osiris has come as Orion...O king, the sky conceives you with Orion.'

Had the Egyptian the same constellations we today use? Isn't it a Greek name?

Clear skies to all !

Karl.

Follow-Ups: References: