[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Excerpts from "CCNet 68/2001 - 18 May 2001"

About the recently posted PYRAMID TO PARADISE: WERE THESE ENIGMATIC MONUMENTS
AIR-RAID SHELTERS AGAINST COSMIC MISSILES? from CCNet 68/2001 Karl Antier
asked:

>Why was it under more important cosmic bombardment? Accretion was finished
>for a while, and I don't think the number of meteor decreased greatly in
>4800 years.

According to Duncan Steel and others, this was due to the Taurid meteors from
the parent of comet P/Encke (or something like that) that occasionally, every
few thousand years or so, get perturbed by Jupiter into a dense swarm of many
Tunguska sized and smaller meteoroids that bombard the Earth; wrecking havoc
on civilization. A better explanation can be found in the book Rouge Asteroids
and Doomsday Comets, by Duncan Steel published in 1995. I believe his new book
Tagret Earth may also explain this, although I have not read it.

Lew Gramer answered this question by writing:

>I doubt anyone here can help you with this, Karl - for the simple reason that
>the original article seems to be nonsense, and there's nothing TO understand.

Not really Lew.

GWG