[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Excerpts from "CCNet 68/2001 - 18 May 2001"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Antier" <karl.antier@wanadoo.fr>

> > (10) PYRAMID TO PARADISE: WERE THESE ENIGMATIC MONUMENTS
> >    AIR-RAID SHELTERS AGAINST COSMIC MISSILES?

[snip]

> Are there any evidence of such landings? I never heard of them...

Hi Karl,

There isn't.

> > But the texts backed up Bauval's findings. Over and over, they stressed
the
> > belief: 'O king, you are this Great Star, Companion of Orion..dot behold,
> > Osiris has come as Orion...O king, the sky conceives you with Orion.'

Bauval is a definite fringe guy. He thinks, together with his equally fringe
buddy Hancock, that the pyramids were build much earlier, not at 2500 bc but
12000 bc, by some "advanced lost civilization" and contain all kind of
hidden orientations. In general, it is a lot of nonsense. By the way, part
of the above kind of text would seem to me to refer to Sirius, which was a
holy star with the Egyptians. It's heliacal rising herralded the coming of
the annual Nile floodings which brought fertility to the agricultural fields
of the Egyptians.

> Had the Egyptian the same constellations we today use? Isn't it a Greek
name?

The Egyptians had their own peculiar set of constellations, some quite like
the classic Greek, other quite unlike. Orion is a Greek name but the "same"
constellation was indicated under various local names throughout the
mediterranean, including Egypt.

- Marco

---
Marco Langbroek                    private: marco.langbroek@wanadoodot nl
Leiden University                     work: m.langbroek@arch.leidenunivdot nl
Faculty of Archaeology
P.O. Box 9515
http://home.wanadoodot nl/marco.langbroek/
NL-2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands

"What seest thou else
  In the dark backward and abysm of time?"

William Shakespeare: The Tempest act I scene 2
---