[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) abundance of nebulous meteors was Fwd: Howfast do Meteors go?

Hi all.

In my experience and observing of around 12,000 meteors now I would say that
I have seen only 6-7 truly nebulous meteors ranging in size from 1/2 degree
to 1 1/2 degrees in diameter, all were between +2 and +4 magnitude and of a
slow to medium speed, so there definitely not very frequent.

Further to the nebulous meteor issue, I remember a while ago a thread about
"Mini-comets" or "Micro comets".  Briefly the basis of the theory was that
the Earths atmosphere is hit many times a day by small very low density,
comet like objects.  Does anyone remember about this?  If so, what is the
possibility of a relationship between these objects and the frequency of
nebulous meteors?

Regards.

Adam Marsh (MARAD)
Director - ASV Meteor Section (ASVMS)
Coordinator - Eastern Australian Meteor Network (EAMN)
Melbourne, Australia.