[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) New List Member

Hello,

I just joined the list today and would like to introduce myself. I'm a
17-year-old amateur astronomer who's just getting into photographic meteor
observations. I've had some old Canon T70s lying around here for several
months, but never managed to make a camera cluster out of them (lack of
time!).

Now, inspired by something I saw done by another meteor photographer, I've
decided to build a fireball patrol camera, using a medium format fisheye
lens (Arsat 30mm f/3.5) and 9x12 sheet film. I have almost all of the parts
(still waiting for the motor, dew heater and shutter a friend is sending me)
and then I'll start work on the box camera.

If anyone has any experience with a camera of this kind, maybe with a
website with photos, I'd be glad to hear from you, especially if you can
give me some tips for building this thing.

Clear skies,
Ulrich Beinert