[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) results

Arnold, thank you for sharing your observing reports from May with us on
'meteorobs'. Since you forwarded these to the list, I assumed you were
interested in comments from your fellow readers? In that spirit, I had
a couple of questions about your fine reports - I hope this is OK?

First, I wondered what the meaning of your 'Tm' field is? It appears to be
perhaps an automatically calculated measure of "total sky time" - although
it does not take midnight date wrap-arounds into account. Is this correct?

Second, I wondered about the Limiting Magnitude you measured during your
sessions? As you already know, of course, this is important in comparing
individual results, and so is worth noting even in reports to your fellow
meteor-oids here on 'meteorobs'. :)

Finally, I wondered about your observing method during these sessions: did
you do plotting, record on paper, use a tape recorder, or something else?

Thanks, Arnold! Clear skies, and keep your reports coming,

Lew Gramer

Follow-Ups: References: