[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) heads up!!!

Just got this from NASA...won't the full moon get in the way??
And are the Arietids visible over here? I'm on the Aegean Coast...
Our weather has been crystal clear lately, so I really would love to catch this
shower...
Good luck!!
Arlene in Assos

Space Weather News for June 5, 2001
http://www.spaceweather.com

The annual Arietid meteor shower peaks this week on Thursday, June 7th.
The Arietids are unusual because they are daytime meteors -- most of them
streak through the sky unnoticed while the bright Sun is overhead.
Nevertheless, early risers on Thursday could spot some beautiful
"Earthgrazing" Arietids during the dark hours before dawn. Later in the
day, after the Sun rises, you can listen to the shower by tuning in to
NASA's online meteor radar.

For details and updates visit http://www.SpaceWeather.com