[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) The formulae of ZHR

Hi everyone,

I found there's difference between two formulae of ZHR, which were both
given by the IMO. Have one of them been improved?

ZHR=HR/[r^(Lm-6.5)*cos(z)^1.47]  (in the calendar, and it was said it's from
IMO)

or

ZHR=(1+sum n)/sum(Teff/C)
C=r^(6.5-Lm)*F/sin(h)  (in nearly all the IMO shower circular)

In the first one, the field obstruction factors F seems to be ignored.

The computational results of the two is also different. Then, which is
correct? And could someone tell me which of them I should use if I'm working
on a shower?

All best wishes and Clear skies!
Huan Meng   meteorobs@263dot net