[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) meteors during totality

In a message dated 6/11/01 10:24:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
KCStarguy@aol.com writes:

<< Are there any accounts of people seeing a fireball or bright meteor during
 total solar eclipse? Just wondering. >>

In the May 1970 issue of S&T, it was reported that a Thomas Hamilton had " .
. . the unusual experience" of seeing a meteor during totality on March 7,
1970.  I think this might have been the same Tom Hamilton who used to be the
director of the Wagner College Planetarium in Staten Island, but I can't be
sure . . .

-- joe rao