[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) The formulae of ZHR

Hello Sirko,

Many thanks for your explanation for these two formulae.

But in your explanation,

> cos (z) = sin (h).
> z is the zenith distance, h is the altitude.
> So z = Pi - h, and
> cos (-x) = cos (x) = sin (x+Pi)

I think the "Pi" should be "Pi/2" in these formulae, as z+h=90 degree, but
Pi=180 degree.

And at the end of your mail, if I have a right understanding, it seemed you
wanted to tell us that the ZHR of any shower activity has a lowest limit.
Then, what's number of the lowest limit? And can it be zero?

All best wishes and Clear skies!
Huan Meng   meteorobs@263dot net