[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Limiting magnitude question

> example that would be NSP.  I think I got that right.  Where is Jure anyway?
Oh, Jure is nowhere near either NSP or TSP :) Jure is in Slovenia
(15.11E,46.37N). The essence of my question is that it might be good to
introduce two separate limiting magnitude terms. When an observer
determines LM say 7.5 with the IMO count method, he is under darker skies
than if he'd have to struggle to occasionally glimpse a 7.5 star, but in
either case a limiting magnitude of 7.5 will be reported.

Anyway, I'd really love to see those NSP and TSP skies! Personally, I
haven't seen anything better than 7.3 (using IMO count method) and the sky
just blew me away... :)Guys like Norman and Lew have no idea how lucky
they are to observe under their kind of skies! Not to mention Jim on top
of Mauna Kea... :))

Clear skies!

Jure A.