[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Odd "vortex" cloud photo......

> I came across two interesting photos of a "vortex" cloud, taken by two
> different observers in in Sonoma County, California, posted 5 June 2001, on
> http://www.artbell.com/letters18.html
>
> What is of possible relevance is that the cloud feature *may* show the
> after-effects of a supersonic object traversing the atmosphere--whether it's
> due to a supersonic military aircraft, *or* due to a meteor, icy comet
> fragment, is unknown. Has anyone else received reports of this phenomenon?

Hi Richard and all,

This same cloud phenomena actually popped up on the aussie weather mailing
list here a few days ago  Check out:

http://www.schools.ash.org.au/paa/a4colddown.htm

for an explanation and some more pictures.

Cheers

--

Robert A. Goler

E-mail Robert.Goler@maths.monashdot edu.au