[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Odd "vortex" cloud photo......

>This same cloud phenomena actually popped up on the aussie weather mailing
>list here a few days ago  Check out:
>
>http://www.schools.ash.org.au/paa/a4colddown.htm

Hello Robert

Small world isn't it...

I know the guy who runs that weather project and the school mentioned
with the photograph is just up the road. I also manage the email
server that sends out the email for the list they use and I used to
manage the server where the web site now is.

Keep an eye on the site as there is a list member in Kalgoorlie,
Western Australia who is monitoring the launch of the 2001
Round-the-World Balloon attempt by Steve Fossett. She has been
sending great preparation pictures to the PAA list.

	http://www.schools.ash.org.au/paa/kalgoorlie.htm

I'm also doing an astronomy course and one of the other students
serves on an aircraft carrier (Theodore Roosevelt) and he sent us
this mpeg of a flyby breaking the sound barrier.

	http://www.uqdot net.au/~zzbyoung/f14mach.mov

thanks
Bruce