[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Short report for 6-15-01

Hello list,
   I was observing M57 with a scope last Friday night when I saw two meteors
that I had time to jot down. I think they might just be sporadics though.
Sorry for taking a long time to send this in. I'll try to do a better job
with the details on future reports. I'm still learning. Is the following info
useful at all?
La Crescenta, CA    -118° 24' 13.4"E    34° 22' 27.6"N    ZLM:5.5
       Time         Mag        Speed       Shw                  Remarks

1.   23 h 00      +0          3°/sec        Sporadic?       3° south of
Altair  From about: RA19  59.2  Dec+5  17.3 it disappeared at about RA20
6.24 Dec+9  07 It was white with a short sparkling tail.

2.   23 h 20    +1.5         3°/sec         Sporadic?       It passed between
Alpha Oph (Rasalhague) and Alpha1 Rasalgethi Herc  From about RA17 36.3
Dec+17 15 traveling south for 8° until RA17 15  Dec+10 29  It was white and
had a 2° long tail leaving a dusty path behind it for a few seconds visible
through binoculars...I was better prepared for this one.

   I used SkyChart 3 to figure out details from my field notes. If this is
too verbose or needs more info please point me to a book or URL with
instructions on reporting meteors properly. Thanks in advance.
-SID!
http://members.aol.com/SidFerreira/astro.htm
Sid Ferreira
 L.A.A.S.